Wednesday, September 28, 2011

2011 Tony Awards Broadway/Ohio Trivia Contest

  1. Which Broadway Musical featured two women, sisters, from OH?
  2. Which Canton, Ohio male actor introduced the character Seymour in Little Shop of Horrors and recently toured as the Wizard in WICKED?
  3. Which Cleveland born actor has been nominated for Tonys four times, originated the role of the Wizard in WICKED, co-directed a 2011 Tony nominiated drama revival and appears in a 2011 nominated musical revival by Cole Porter?
  4. Which native Ohio female actor was Tony nominated for the role of Betty Blake in Will Rogers Follies?
  5. Which England born, but Cleveland raised performer, met his wife in a Broadway show and married her in 1934?
  6. Which Ohio female actress made her debut on Broadway in THE DEVIL in 1908?
  7. Which Tony winning Broadway Musical (for original and 2 major revivals) featured a young woman from OH who went on to International Fame for a unique talent?
  8. Name the members of a Cleveland/Columbus duo who won a Tony Award for their collaboration in the THURBER CARNIVAL?  Hint:  The Clevelander appeared in the Twilight Zone episode, TIME ENOUGH AT LAST.
  9. Which Toledo actress of film and television made her Broadway stage debut in an Arthur Miller play?
  10. Name the lead actress and national touring 2009 Broadway musical based on a film.  Hint: The starring actress is from Dayton, OH. ALLISON JANNEY in NINE TO FIVE
  11. Which Orange High School and Baldwin-Wallace Conservatory of Music graduate stars in the 2010 Tony Award winning musical, MEMPHIS?
  12. Name the twice nominated actor (Thoroughly Modern Millie was his first) composer/singer of the song, “Hot Ohio”, who led the2009 revival of a 1960s rock musical. Bonus credit for naming his hometown.  See Lyrics to his song, "Hot Ohio" below
  13. Who is the Cleveland, Ohio native, appearing on Broadway since the early 1970s, and most recently in the Off Broadway hit, LOVE, LOSS AND WHAT I WORE and is also  another Ohioan in the professional company of WICKED? Check out her endorsement and reaction to works in the collection at CMA http://www.clevelandart.org/about/HDYSI_2011.aspx 
  14. Which actor who grew up on Cleveland’s West Side made his Broadway debut in a Neil Simon play in 1985? 
Clue for #12.  Here are the lyrics and YouTube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ECPzD3FHEk  
Lyrics to Hot Ohio:
Dusk in my dusty little town
Feel of summer all around
Hear the sound of all the locists humming
Singing softly at the end of my day
Lulling me to sleep tonight

Up in my quiet little room
I am praying to the moon
Swear she's singing to me, "Soon is coming."
Oh, I dream of gettin carried away.
Leaving this would be alright.

Chorus:
Hot Ohio
Turn your sky all cobalt blue
One more night and then I might just
Turn out the light on you.

Wait for the whistle of the train
Hear that carnival refrain
I could join and be the main attraction
Step right up I don't believe my own eyes.
Seeing who I want to see.

Me, finally feeling I belong
Never feeling weird or wrong
Singing songs and loving all the action
I could live within a world of surprise
Being who I want to be.

Chorus: One more night and then I might just
Turn out the light on you.

Dusk in my dusty little town
Dreams are falling to the ground
Hear the sound of nothing ever coming
But I'm waiting and I"m wishing away.
Maybe this'll be my day.

Chorus x2

Hot Ohio
Hot Ohio
Hot Ohio
Hot Ohio
Dusk in my dusty little town
Feel of summer all around
Hear the sound of all the locusts humming
Singing softly at the end of my day
Lulling me to sleep tonight

Up in my quiet little room
I am praying to the moon
Swear she's singing to me, "Soon is coming."
Oh, I dream of gettin carried away.
Leaving this would be alright.

Chorus:
Hot Ohio
Turn your sky all cobalt blue
One more night and then I might just
Turn out the light on you.

Wait for the whistle of the train
Hear that carnival refrain
I could join and be the main attraction
Step right up I don't believe my own eyes.
Seeing who I want to see.

Me, finally feeling I belong
Never feeling weird or wrong
Singing songs and loving all the action
I could live within a world of surprise
Being who I want to be.

Chorus: One more night and then I might just
Turn out the light on you.

Dusk in my dusty little town
Dreams are falling to the ground
Hear the sound of nothing ever coming
But I'm waiting and I"m wishing away.
Maybe this'll be my day.

Chorus x2
Hot Ohio
Hot Ohio
Hot Ohio
Hot Ohio

No comments:

Post a Comment